Anthony Bochon is a member of the Brussels Bar since 2011. As a business attorney, his practice focusses on economic law, EU law and competition law, IP & Innovation Law, as well as corporate and insolvency matters. Seconded during several years to an international industrial conglomerate and regularly appointed as judicial trustee, he favours a holistic and strategic vision for his clients’ legal needs. He also has an academic career since 2011 at the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB) where he currently is an associate lecturer and Ph.D. candidate in economic law and EU law. A prolific author of publications, frequently invited as speaker or chairman at conferences, he is also an expert for the European Commission and a member of the ad hoc working group of the OECD concerning IP matters for the chemicals sector. He practises in French, Dutch and English.
- 2020 : Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- 2018- today : Ph.D. in Law candidate at the Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium) at the Center of Private Law (JurisLab)
- 2011 : LL.M. in European and Economic Law at the University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
- 2010 : Master in Law at the Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium) – Magna cum laude (every year)
- 2010 : Bachelor in History at the Facultés universitaires Saint-Louis (Belgiuù) – Summa cum laude (every year)
- 2008 : Bachelor in Law at the Facultés universitaires Saint-Louis (Belgium) – Magna cum laude (every year)
- Bochon (A.), Nanotechnology Law & Guidelines, Berlin, Springer, publication attendue en 2021
- Bochon (A.), “Case Deroo-Blanquart and the case of pre-installed computer software: incentive or obstacle to innovation, competition and consumer welfare ?”, Revue européenne de droit de la consommation – European Journal of Consumer Law, 2016, n°2, pp. 343-353
- Bochon (A.), Van Waeyenberge (A.), “The Role of Codes of Conduct in the Assessment of Unfair Commercial Practices”, Journal of Business Law, 2016, vol. 6, pp. 451-465
- Bochon (A.), Ferhat (S.), “Law and practice of the collective redress procedure in Belgium”, Revue européenne de droit de la consommation – European Journal of Consumer Law, 2014, n°3, pp. 511-527
- Bochon (A.), “To be a communication or not to be : the influence of IT innovation on the material scope of EU advertising law”, Revue européenne de droit de la consommation – European Journal of Consumer Law, 2014, n°2, pp. 289-308
- Bochon (A.), Verdure (Ch.), “Le droit des jeux de hasard en ligne à la lumière du droit européen des pratiques de commerce et des services de paiement”, in X., dir., Le droit des jeux de hasard en ligne, Brussels, Bruylant, 2014.
- Bochon (A.), Ninane (Y.), “Actualités en matière de contrats de consommation”, in Puttemans (A.), dir., Le droit de la consommation dans le nouveau Code de droit économique, coll. UB3, Brussels, Bruylant, 2014, pp. 115-160.
- Bochon (A.), “L’évolution du droit alimentaire européen face aux nanotechnologies”, in Mahieu (S.), Merten-Lentz (K.), Sécurité alimentaire : nouveaux enjeux et perspectives, Brussels, Bruylant, 2013, pp. 115-146.
- Bochon (A.), “Les offres conjointes de services financiers en droit de la consommation & en droit de la concurrence”, Revue luxembourgeoise de bancassurfinance, 2014, n°2, pp. 15-25
- Bochon (A.), “Case Ebookers Deutschland GmbH: opt-in procedure and price transparency of optional supplements in the air sector”, Revue européenne de droit de la consommation – European Journal of Consumer Law, 2013, no. 1, pp. 101-111.
- Bochon (A.), “Evaluation of the EC Code of Conduct for responsible nanosciences and nanotechnological research”, Nanotechnology, Law & Business, vol. 8, n°2, 2011, pp. 117-143.