European Law and Competition Law
Thanks to its presence at the heart of the capital of the European Union and its foundation by a former President of the European Parliament, our firm has recognised expertise in European Law and Competition Law, including Belgian Competition Law.
Our firm offers its services to private and institutional clients in the areas of internal market law (freedom of movement, sectoral policies), competition law (anti-competitive practices, abuse of dominant position, merger control, state aid, services of general economic interest), trade law (anti-dumping, other customs and technical barriers, bilateral treaties) and regulatory (chemical, pharmaceutical, medical, food, media, telecommunications, new technologies, heavy and mechanical industries, transport, consumers, energy, security industries).
- Legal support in the context of complaints for violation of European Law and Competition Law (as plaintiff or defendant)
- Preparation and support in the context of the notification of merger and acquisition operations subject to merger control in Belgium or at the European level
- Drafting, advising and implementation of compliance programmes for companies (information and training of staff in the fight against anti-competitive practices, transition of company practices in the context of new regulations)
- Identification of the regulatory aspects affecting a sector of activity, a particular company or a new project of the company
- Drafting, implementation and management of information exchange programmes between companies in compliance with Competition Law (rule books) on behalf of professional organisations
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on vertical or horizontal agreements between companies
- Assisting clients with questions of European Law arising in the course of litigation pending before a national judge
- Regular counsel to a representative consumers organisation on Competition Law and collective redress issues
- Assistance to numerous companies in merger control by the competition authorities in the context of merger and acquisition transactions
- Frequent legal partner of European research, development and innovation consortia (H2020 programme)
- Representation of clients before the European institutions (Commission, Court of Justice and Court of Justice) in proceedings relating to anti-competitive practices, abuse of dominant position, state aid, customs tariffs and anti-dumping.
- Advising multinationals on compliance with sectoral or special regulations