Intellectual Property, Data Law and Technology Law
Our firm has a long experience with the legal protection and regulation of innovation, as well as data law (both personal and non-personal).
With services provided both to individuals (artists, inventors, designers, creators) and companies, our attorneys cover the entire spectrum of intellectual property law (copyright and related rights, trademarks, patents and supplementary protection certificates, design rights, plant variety property rights), have in-depth knowledge of the ever-increasing regulations of new technologies (nanotechnologies, biotechnologies, information technologies, artificial intelligence, medical innovation) as well as expertise in data protection (compliance with privacy laws, cybersecurity, non-disclosure agreements). Our multilingual team both advises and represents clients before administrative or judicial authorities.
- Identification of possible IP protection and legal support for obtaining it (trademark and design rights registration, coordination with patent attorneys)
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements for the transfer, licensing, co-ownership or pledge of IP rights
- Advise on the protection, strategy and management of IP rights
- Legal due diligence to check and identify issues linked to IP rights of an undertaking
- Drafting of privacy policies and non-personal data management policies
- Advise and representation in IP infringement cases (interim measures, cease and desist procedures, procedures on the merits)
- Advise on new technologies regulations (identification of applicable rules, implementation of compliance programmes, follow-up and execution)
- Long-time counsel of a company specialized in nanomedicine for its patent strategy
- Counsel for Belgium to a multinational company specialized in electronic surveillance
- Involvement as legal advisor in several EU Commission funded innovation projects
- Representation of clients in the context of registration and litigation of both Benelux and EU trademarks
- Counsel for artists and creators for the protection of their IP rights and tax structuring of their IP rights revenues